Saturday, April 30, 2011

My first post..

I really tried to avoid bringing up a political topic in my blog, and I certainly never thought my first post would center around such an unlikely political figure. I just cringe when I read such nonsense coming from such an influential person. My sincere apologies if I offend anyone here, but I typically try to keep an open mind in terms of politics. I vote for a person rather than a party for the simple fact that sometimes political parties choose complete nimrods as their candidates. Such would be the case if Donald Trump runs for president in the 2012 elections. I do not care that he made this huge spectacle of himself, and showed the childish, egocentric side of politics. I do not care how he feels about Barack Obama, or anyone else... OKAY, maybe I did get pretty pissed off when I heard about his remark about Robert De Niro (I love Robert De Niro). He really is going to have to get used to people disliking him, or does he think every single voter in America is going to vote for him?


To get to the point, he made this comment about making countries like Libya and Afghanistan pay to get help. I read this shortly after reading a comment made by Gary Busey about Mr. Trump being comparable to the authors of The Declaration of Independence. I just wish I could call both Gary Busey and Donald Trump to remind them that were it not for the aid of other countries during the revolution the United States of America may not exist today, but instead would be under British rule. I am sure Donald Trump was not the child on the playground standing up for a bullied child so he may not understand the concept, but I would not be proud of my country if we were more worried about money than helping the less fortunate. There are many problems with the way our government handles things. There are laws I disagree with, and health insurances are entirely too greedy. A woman can get pregnant and have medicaid for multiple pregnancies without ever paying a dime, but I work hard and can barely make ends meet. We have politicians mudslinging each other trying to prove why their opponents are bad candidates instead of trying to prove why they are the right candidates. I feel that if they have to spend so much time listing the negatives of their opponents then they must not have enough good things to say about themselves. Children have undiagnosed/untreated mental health issues which eventually causes them to kill themselves and/or their peers. America is far from perfect, but the one thing I have always been proud of my country for is the fact that we have been there to help less fortunate countries. Sure it takes a lot of money, but I just try to remember that the tables could be turned one day.

I am not saying who I think should be president, I just know that a man like that should not represent our country to the rest of the world.

.... and as far as his friends in the Tea Party go, let me bring you up to date on how the world is in the year 2011. All races of humans can live and reproduce together without dying of disease. Some people are homosexuals, take some time to let it sink in..... yes, people of the same gender can actually be married in some places. Now here is the important thing to remember, homosexuality is not a contagious illness.

I read the same Bible as you, I know what it says. While I am not qualified to preach the world of God, I have come to the conclusion that God wants us to be examples by loving everyone, including homosexuals. Recall the words, "They will know we are Christians by our love." Teaching hatred only leads to more hatred. It has to stop, how can you use the word of God to cast stones at someone? The very same word that teaches you to love your neighbor. I am not saying you should teach your son to kiss boys, or your daughters to get a sex change. I am just stressing the fact that if you are Christian you should know that we are all God's children, and how do you feel when someone hates your child?

No comments:

Post a Comment